Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

I finally put the Christmas tree up today. Inorite? Really? The grandman was here today and for the first time played with the two neighbor kids; Zoli 7 and Maggie 3. Once I got the tree ready to decorate the boys put one or two ornaments on then grabbed a candy cane and were off to other adventures.

Maggie on the other hand was a trooper and helped me until the very last ornament was lovingly placed. She sang "Oh Christmas Tree" and I just melted. Only the first two lines over and over (we don't know the rest of the words like we do Jingle Bells, although we did sing that when we hung the jingly bell ornaments).

She is about as tall as my knee so the branches she could reach on her own were limited. Here is the very bottom branch that she favored. I counted 10 (yes 10) ornaments on this one branch:
And then there are the candy canes....here is the one square foot that just begged for seven candy canes:
We both decided our favorite color balls were the purple ones. And we both really like the snowflake and angel and gingerbread ornaments. Here is the glorious tree all decked out:
 Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment