Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Shopping

There is an annual warehouse sale in Glendale, AZ for Conair/Cuisinart. I went 2 years ago with Mom, Stephanie and Ann. I think we got there around 6:30, doors open at 7 and we were way back in the line. Didn't realize how popular it was. We didn't make it through the entry door for a couple of hours, then spent a good amount of time filling our boxes, and then at least an hour in the check out line. But it was fun, all in the Christmas spirit. Got some great deals.

This year I went again. Me, Danielle, Charles, Ann, Steph and Kat. I got there at 5am. Even that early there was still a few hundred ahead of me. Side story, small world, the couple and the girl next to me were all from New York. And the couple lived right around the corner from me. The doors opened at 7am right as the sun was rising and here's the lovely sunrise looking west. You can see dome of the Cardinal's stadium to the right.
Got inside and they only let so many people at a time in so waited about 30 minutes to get to the goods. Here is a view of all the goodies inside. They continually restock the tables with cookware, appliances (food processors, ice cream makers, paninni presses, coffee makers, waffle makers, etc), hair dryers, irons, hair trimmers, etc, etc,etc.
They have a giant line of big cardboard boxes with xtra strong tape as the strap and you just drag your box/boxes around the floor with you as you fill them up (I filled up 2)(oh and of course the tape strap broke on one). Fun time, got some great deals. Even bought myself a waffle maker, an immersion blender and a few pots & pans. Then we went and had a wonderful breakfast at Mimi's. Good time with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment