Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas With Mom

I had a wonderful Christmas and want to post a special tribute to my Mom. You have not had a truly unique and how can I say....well unique says it all.....Christmas without Lucy.
She provides much laughter and fodder for Christmas stories of the past. And we love her all the more for it. Mr. H received the new Keith Richards autobiography, and when he opened it and held it up I said "How cool, the new Keith Richards book" (Mr. H being the musician and all), and Mom asked "Is he a new mystery author?"

Then daughter Casey received a much coveted gift certificate to the local nail salon. We were discussing how fabulous the place was and how nice it is to get a mani-pedi...and Mom said "Mani-pedi? Is that a new store?"

But my favorite...and oh so Lucy moment, came when Tyler, who is experiencing his first Lucy Christmas, opened his gift.

Before I reveal the most fabulous, welcome to the family, you don't know what you are getting into gift, I must go into the way back machine.....well not so way back, just last year....yes, it was an all out, as seen on tv Christmas for yours truly. It started with the Bump It, moved on to the fabulous Butterfly Twisty Turny Decorative Comb, and ended with the....wait for it......Purse size, personal, ready at a moments notice for that all important meeting or job interview....you guessed it! The nose hair, ear hair and sideburn Personal Trimmer!

And on to Tyler's gift, behind door number 2, the YES YES.....
Pac Man Snuggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Mom! We love ya! You definitely make our Christmas memorable!

3 comments:

  1. Personal Trimmer 19.99
    Pac Man Snuggie 29.99
    Christmas with Lucy....Priceless!!
    I definately miss the patio time with Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That's priceless Cyndie. I'll share with Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG............UR MOM LOOKS BEAUTIFUL....AND ALL I CAN DO IS SMILE WHEN I LOOK AT HER....I HAVE MANY AND I MEAN MANY PRICELESS MOMENTS WITH HER.......HOPE U ALL HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS
    LOVE MARY

    ReplyDelete