Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Many Uses of a Pool Table

Or "pool tavol" as the grandman spells it. I love wrapping Christmas presents, at least for about the first hour. I am wondering if everyone would be disappointed next year if I put each persons' presents unwrapped in one giant bag.......but no, the fun part is the unwrapping, especially for the kids.

Pool tavol = One big wrapping station. Paper: check; tape: check; scissors: check; tissue paper......oh heck....guess that's one more trip to the store.
OK, we're getting there.
But someone please tell me, how do you wrap this?
And I just noticed my inner OCD having its way with the Christmas tree....do you see it? Look closely at the placement of the candy canes......yes I am seeking therapy.

3 comments:

  1. lol I feel your pain on the OCD! If they all faced right would they be shepherd hooks?? Whenever I go out to smoke...I have to shovel the deck...no snowshovel trails...all nice and smooth all the way into the corners, I even move the patio furniture. As far as wrapping the odd shaped presents....creative cardboard...cut up a box into an equally obnoxious but unidentifiable shape and wrap that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl, I must send you a photo of my christmas tree...it has a million oddly wrapped present underneath...the ones I wrapped at least. Rustin put each of my presents in a box and wrapped them perfectly. Since when were men allowed to wrap better then women!!? As for the ball...I say gift bag it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndie, I think I have to go right now and turn the candy canes to right! You are so right...Christmas, shepherds, shepherd hooks...I have it all wrong!!!!

    James, I try to wrap well but Mr. H. always does mine perfectly...here is my theory....I wrap way more presents for the whole family and he just wraps mine, so he has plenty of time to wrap my few just right...hence I get a bit sloppy at the end and just say F it! get these presents wrapped!

    ReplyDelete