Sunday, November 14, 2010

Le Creuset and meatballs

Fall has arrived in Arizona. We can actually cook and enjoy warm hearty meals.


Two of my favorite gifts this year:  The New Best Recipe: All New Edition cook book and my 7 1/2 Qt Le Creuset French Oven.

There is a Le Creuset outlet store in AZ and they have a big fall sale in October. Bigger discounts on discontinued colors (hence the dark green pot shown above). Got mine for less than half of the retail price. Lovin it. Mr. H. said it was my best batch of spaghetti and meatballs yet. I think the key is that the pot encourages such wonderful brown bits when cooking the meatballs without burning them. Dump the grease after cooking them but leave the naughty bits in the pan to flavor the sauce.


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I actually made the "Fireman's Chili" or whatever it was called. You had the recipe made with ground turkey, grated carrots, celery, onion, rotel tomatos, etc. We have it alot! also the lemon broccoli chicken. I use your recipes....

    ReplyDelete