Monday, May 23, 2011

Taco Boats

I had a little helper in the kitchen yesterday making Taco Boats and Mexi-cauli-rice. The grandman was in charge of shredding the cauliflower in the food processor. He thought it was very fun. But when I asked him if he wanted to help me with the dishes after he said, "Gram, that's not fun." I tried.

For the rice I sauteed the cauli-rice with some diced white onions and garlic. Then added some drained Ro-Tel tomatoes. Yum.

For lower carb tacos we put all the taco fixin's in a romaine lettuce leaf. Again, yum!

I browned a pound of grass fed ground beef with diced white onion, diced red pepper and garlic:

I made taco seasoning: 1 TBSP chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and added to the meat:
Added a can of tomato sauce, and voila:
Pile the meat mixture and whatever taco toppings you like (I added shredded cheddar, sour cream, diced onion, sliced avocado (guacamole is better if you have the time), lettuce, tomatoes) and here you have taco boats with mexi-cauli-rice:
As you can see I am one of those people that piles way too much on my tacos. I'll never learn. But it was deeelish.

1 comment: