Thursday, May 5, 2011

Road Trip!

Road trip to Tucson with my daughter and sis-in-law. We had a great time. Just want to get in a PSA (Public Service Announcement in case ya don't know) to be careful if you are driving down that way of some kind of alien invasion....now I don't know what exactly it was but something was trying to get at us through the windshield:
They just kept coming at us full force but we made it through.

Stopped to visit the San Xavier del Bac Mission which was lovely. Saw a van full of nuns driving out as we drove in. Bless them. The mission was founded in 1692 and the church began construction in 1783. Beautiful..
It is the oldest intact European structure in Arizona, and the church's interior is filled with marvelous original statuary and mural paintings.

You can light prayer candles:
And there is this kinda creepy old dude in a box where people pin prayers and requests to his shroud:
On the way I was telling my daughter about the MISSION we were going to visit and she somehow got it into her head that it was a MAUSOLEUM......and kept asking if there were dead people at the MAUSOLEUM...So I had to indulge her and find a ghosty:
I think I captured one here on the way in. See it? And I won't even get into the Yarmulke/Yamaka debate....that's another story...

All in all a great trip and I, of course, had to take the obligatory "hurry and jump on the bed while I set my camera up with the timer" picture:
I love you girls!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous photo! You are all SOOO BEAUTIFUL !! Love you all..Patty

    ReplyDelete